Since my blogging adventure began, I’ve had the joy of travelling to some incredibly fabulous destinations. I’m endlessly thankful for the journey I’ve been blessed to travel and hope to inspire you to grab the bull by the horns and know that anything is possible, there’s a whole World out there just waiting to be loved, enjoyed and experienced. Here are 10 fabulous travel destinations I’ve fallen in love with, the pictures stir so many happy emotions and memories, I hope you’ve enjoyed sharing in The Fabulous Times adventure as much as I have!
1. La Residencia by Orient Express- Deià, Majorca: Tucked away in the verdant mountains on Mallorcas’ north-west coast lies La Residencia, a twin historic manor house that forms a jewel in the crown of the Orient Express groups hotel portfolio. The hotel has an award-winning restaurant, beautiful interior and a wellness spa, La Residencia is situated in the charming, bohemian mountain village of Deià, Mallorca surrounded by gardens dotted with orange, lime, lemon trees and olive groves.
2. Grandmont Gites, Limoges France- Perfect Rural Retreat: We stayed in a traditional French Gite complete with woodburner, exposed stone walls, thick wooden beamed ceilings with a stable of horses next door. When we booked our Gite we could not have asked for anything more picture perfect and idyllic. Set in the heart of Grandmont a small village outside of Ambazac (about 20 minutes from Limoges, the nearest city) our gite looked out onto blossom tress, behind the property is a large garden with swimming pool, picnic bench and BBQ for those warm summer nights, next door to our gite were the horses stables where we attempted horse riding for the first time!
3. Orient-Express, Northern Belle- Iconic luxury train travel: A wise man once said ‘it’s better to travel well than to arrive’, The Orient Express train proves that to be a fact. The Northern Belle travels through some of England’s most picturesque countryside including the endless, green, rolling hills of the Lake District before entering Scotland, where the scenery is truly breathtaking.
4. Vintage Canadian Rockies Sleeper train-Toronto to Vancouver: We boarded the west bound vintage stainless steel Canadian Rockies sleeper train from Toronto to Vancouver. We were travelling on the iconic, shiny, all famous west bound vintage stainless steel “Park” train complete with observation car at the rear of the train operated by Via Rail, Canada. One of the greatest features of the vintage ‘Parks’ train is the observation deck which you can sit in and see some of the greatest views in Canada and across the Rockies. We also spotted some great wildlife on our journey including llama, cows, horses, mountain sheep, thousands of Canadian geese, buffalo, white-tailed dear and a moose(!)
5. Fairmont Monte Carlo Hotel & Resort, Monaco- Luxury Riviera Travel: The Fairmont Monte Carlo is a luxury resort hotel in Monaco and was home to the Fabulous Times this weekend. Situated in the heart of Monte Carlo the Fairmont resort is nestled into the rocky landscape between the azure Mediterranean sea and the World famous Monte Carlo Casino. Monte Carlo lies within the Principality of Monaco sandwiched between France and Italy.
6. Tofino Travellers Guesthouse: Situated on Main Street overlooking the beautiful neighbouring mountains, The Tofino Travellers guesthouse is the ideal choice for anybody wishing kick back and enjoy beautiful British Columbia. The atmosphere at The GuestHouse is relaxed, informal, welcoming, homely and filled with laughter. Every morning guests are treated to homemade waffles and fresh coffee, spectacular views over the water and mountains and you may even catch sight of a visiting hummingbird flying past the decking.
7. Why We Love L.A: L.A holds a special place in my heart. Having had the joy of visiting L.A pretty much every year for the past five years for both work and pleasure, I’ve grown somewhat attached to the place. Known for it’s plastic fantastic crowd, A-listers, dreamers and iconic figures, the people in L.A are what really make the place so fabulous. Everywhere you turn in Hollywood is an iconic landmark or something you recognise from the movies. The pavements are lined with stars and the buildings are steeped in cinematic history.
8. Louis ‘Satchmo’ Armstrong Festival in New Orleans: We hit New Orleans as part of our USA Summer roadtrip just in time for the Louis ‘Satchmo’ Armstrong Summer Fest. As a big Jazz lover this was an ideal situation, the French Quarter in New Orleans comes to life right before your eyes. New Orleans has so much soul, character, attitude, beauty and is truly like nowhere else in the World. It’s such a colourful place, the houses, the clothes, the bright blue sky and luscious greenery of the palm tree lined streets.
9. Viva Las Vegas: The Fabulous Times ladies ventured off across the Atlantic to the almighty Viva Las Vegas Festival! Vegas is an unusual manmade fantasy land, looking down from the airplane Vegas appears to have risen up slap bang in the middle of the Nevada desert. The beauty of Vegas is, it really is, what you make of it. There is something in Vegas to suit everyone from the family friendly theme parks, roller coasters, animal sanctuaries, water slides, musical shows, shopping malls, endless novelty swimming pools, fabulous restaurants to the adult friendly dimly lit casinos, special poker tournaments, strip joints, nightclubs and bars. If you’re travelling to Vegas and you’re not into partying, gambling or drinking, here’s are 5 Fabulous things to do in Vegas
10. New York City in the Summertime: I’ve always loved about New York in summer. The atmosphere is alive and the city attacks the senses with the sounds, smells and action. There will always be a special place in my heart for New York City, so many happy memories of living out here as a young undergraduate interning.
‘ Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have see’ –Benjamin Disraeli
Happy Sunday Fabulous ones, long may our journey continue.