Every so often I’m reminded why I LOVE the internet. I’ll browse through my favourite blogs, websites and check my social media accounts for updates and stumble across a video that someone has posted, a video that leaves me feeling inspired and bawling simultaneously. I wanted to share a few favourite inspirational videos with you, I hope this comes as a ray of sunshine on a rather gloomy winter Monday. Be warned, this post may require a tissue!
1. Katy Perry & Jodi DiPiazza: Katy Perry and Jodi DiPiazza, who suffers form autism, sing “Firework” at the Beacon Theater in New York. “Night of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together for Autism Programs” is hosted by Jon Stewart and raises money for autism programs, schools, and services all over the country. What a little belter!
2. Beyonce United Nations World Humanitarian Day: World Humanitarian Day is a day to commemorate all people who have lost their lives in humanitarian service and to celebrate the spirit of people helping people that motivates this work. Beyonce gives a tear jerking performance singing ‘I Was Here’, stand up, do something positive to build a better future and change the World.
3. Caroline Casey- Looking past limits: TED Talks are a never ending wealth of inspiration, whatever the subject, they get you thinking, questioning and quite often weeping like a baby. Caroline Casey speaks of her visual impairment, her belief and her dog eared determination to fulfil her dreams. 20minutes of absolute passion and drive. Caroline makes me want to leap up and punch the sky screaming, I CAN DO IT!
4. Dr. Wayne Dyer- When you change the way you look at things: Here’s a short clip from the ever inspiring and thought provoking speaker Dr. Wayne Dyer as he shares a short lesson on the power of thought, change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change. Every so often I’ll watch this video back to remind myself to shift my focus, when I’m having a bad day or channeling all my energy onto what’s wrong, Dr Wayne gives me a kick in the right direction. Don’t focus on what’s ‘wrong’, the external problems, things you don’t have, instead shift your thoughts onto all that you have and the opportunities that lay before you.
5. Dolly Parton delivers commencement address at the University of Tennessee: Dolly talks about her Imagination Library, the charity she set up to ensure all children get the opportunity to read, learn and be inspired. This talk fuelled Dolly’s fabulous book titled ‘Dream More’ as she tells the story of her childhood dreams, hard work, education and perseverance. If you get a minute watch the video of Dolly’s musical performance from this event too.
Happy Monday fabulous friends.