Wether it’s been the best week or a real drag it’s time to relax, the weekend is here yey! Sit back in the sun, daydream, enjoy. Here are a few great things to ensure a well-rounded, more pleasurable weekend.
1. Wellbeing: ‘It is never to late to be what you might have been’ (George Eliot)
If you have a dream, something you’ve been putting off or something you regret never doing, it is never too late to start. Live your dream today. Imagine you’re making your New Years resolution today. Write down your goal and make changes towards making it happen, create yourself. As Coco Chanel confessed “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be something”
2. Read: I’ve been crying with laughter at this extraordinary coffee table book. The Worst Album Covers in The World has a whole array of hilarious album covers, you can see some online HERE. You can buy a used copy for only $1.98 HERE!
3. Food: Salad + Fruit! Since I’ve been away in France, training for the marathon and eating healthily I’ve eaten some incredible salads. Helena has prepared the most delicious summer salads and has a pretty extensive repertoire! I was first introduced to the concept of including fruit in salads when I first travelled to California where it’s a pretty common thing. There are some really great variations to try, they’re simple and add that extra edge to any salad. Here’s a couple of ideas (A) Mandarin, cashew & Sesame oil salad (B) Blue cheese, apple and walnut salad (C) Goats cheese & blueberry Salad.
4. Music: This week I’ve been listening to Joan Jett, a lot. I’m currently obsessed with watching Freaks & Geeks the cult television show set in 1980 at McKinley High School. If you get a chance to watch the series you really should it’s one of the best, a real classic. I love the theme song ‘Bad Reputation’ by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts.
5. Style: Experiment. Don’t be afraid to experiment, making mistakes is half the fun. Try new outfit ideas and see what sticks, you will discover that things you never imagined wearing will suit you. It’s easy to stick with what you have grown used to wearing but it’s always fun to try something new. I’ve worked on a whole bunch of photo shoots where the model will come away with an outfit idea that she would have never considered wearing had she not been given it to wear for the shoot. It’s refreshing to play around and don’t be afraid to get it wrong, that part’s inevitable!
The Fabulous Times