My latest obsession is to enjoy a warm cup of golden milk when I’m relaxing with a good book at the weekends or snuggling up under a blanket on these early autumn evenings. If you’ve never heard of it before, golden milk otherwise known as Turmeric milk is a delicious warming drink packed with plenty of health benefits. Here is my golden milk recipe, adapted for ease…
Golden milk is delicious alongside breakfast first thing in the morning or last thing at night. This warming drink is perfect for when you need a little home comfort and a real ‘hug in a mug’. I tend to drink mine at the weekends lounging around in the morning or after a long hot magnesium filled bath during the week before bedtime.
Health benefits: Turmeric has so many health benefits, adding turmeric to your diet can help relieve and prevent a myriad of health issues. Here are just a few of the health benefits of turmeric.
- Helps build immunity
- Gives relief from a sore throat
- Acts as a remedy for digestive problems- You can tackle digestive tract problems with turmeric, turmeric improves digestion, helps relieve gas and bloating as well as heartburn caused by gastric reflux.
- Turmeric can also act as a tonic for the liver
- Gives relief from autoimmune disease
- Acts as a headache remedy
- Help reduce arthritic pain
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- half tsp cinnamon (or a full tea spoon depending on your personal preference, I LOVE cinnamon so I tend to add a whole spoonful)
- half tsp ginger (powder)
Pour your milk in a pan. Add all the ingredients into the milk, heat and stir until warm. Voila!
‘Ounce for ounce, herbs and spices have more antioxidants than any other food group’ -Michael Greger