I’ve been practicing living with intention for the past couple of years, ‘living with intention’ is a phrase I’ve internalised and have never really shared in much detail on here- I guess the reason being, is that, well, friends and family witness my intentions being actualised day to day, week to week, in my thoughts, my words and in my actions. With the turn of the new year I thought I’d share a few thoughts on ‘living with intention’, what it means, the benefits and a few ways to begin.
What does it mean to live with intention?
In essence, living with intention is to play an active roll in your own life, to be present, to be active in your own development, to learn, to have goals, aims, to be the best version of you (no matter how weird or wonderful) Living with intention is the art of making your own choices and designing the life that YOU want.
What are the benefits of living with intention?
You’ll find that anything is possible, that you can live your dreams and that you can achieve things you never thought possible. You’ll discover that by practicing living with intention, that taking small actions everyday work towards making your everyday reality, your health, career, freindships, relationships all that you desire them to be.
‘Your outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now’ – Eckhart Tolle
How can I start living with intention?
- Be proactive in setting aside time to think about how you’d love to feel, what you’d love to experience in health, relationships, career and life.
- Think about what is dragging you down, be it toxic relationships or bad habits and take time to think about how you can overcome these negative vibes. This may mean cutting out those people that don’t align with your dreams and intentions, avoiding people that suck your creative energy or just taking one day at a time to overcome a lifelong habit. It may also mean plucking up the courage to ask for help.
- You only have so much time, so use it wisely, you may have to politely decline some social engagements to dedicate the time you need to making your dreams come true.
- Adopt positive semantics when you speak about your intentions, so ditch the ‘I might…’ and replace ‘I am going to…’ come up with ideas as to how you can make things happen.
- Make a vision board or Pinterest board or write an epic list to help you to visualize your goals!
- Now to take daily steps towards making your dreams a reality…
- TAKE ACTION
‘Action is the foundational key to all success’ –Pablo Picasso
Remember when you speak with intention, when you vocalise your goals (which may be achieved in the distant future) there will always be naysayers. Rest assured in your own intentions, in your actions and do not let those with self-limiting beliefs impose their doom on your abundant experience.
My hope is to inspire others to adopt this mantra, to inspire others to move forward with their dreams, live their passions and actualize their goals.
‘For every action there is and equal and opposite reaction. You receive from the world what you give to the world’ – The Seat of The Soul (Gary Zukav)
Wishing you all a happy, healthy and abundant 2018.