A quiet Sunday musing over my wellness wishlist, it would seem with time I’m slowly morphing into Frankie from ‘Frankie & Grace’ (if you haven’t watched it, do) here’s what’s on my wellness wishlist for mind, body and soul…
(1) Indian head massage- On my list of intentions for 2017 is to go for an indian head massage, I’m going to book in with Neals Yard and cannot wait!
(2) 52 Lists of Happiness is a book to help with weekly journaling to inspire, positivity, balance and joy. There’s nothing better for the mind than a dose of gratitude and positive thinking.
(3) Mindfulness is a practical guide to finding peace and calm in a frantic world. Mindfulness outlines a set of simple techniques that can be adopted in daily life to help avoid stress and exhaustion.
(4) Essential oils for relaxation and calm. I’m gradually learning about essential oils and will be investing in more oils throughout the year with the intention of getting to the point where I can confidently create my own blends.
(1) The Nutri Bullet Pro in Champagne colour. I make smoothies pretty much everyday and my current blender is on its last legs, I’ve got my eye on this lovely Nutri Bullet Pro in the champagne colour.
(2) Deliciously Ella with friends is the latest book available now for pre-order from plant based food blogger and entrepreneur Ella, if you’re not following Ella over on Instagram you should.
(3) Help Refugees Choose Love sweatshirt, you may have seen me sporting my Choose Love tee over on Instagram last week, I’ve been wearing my tee for yoga and would love the sweatshirt as an extra layer to keep warm during meditation. The Help Refugees Choose Love range is an exclusive redesign by Katherine Hamnett of her iconic design and money goes towards helping the refugee crisis, so well worth the investment.
(4) Organic bamboo leggings, I’ve found there’s nothing better to wear for sport than bamboo leggings, bamboo is super soft, breathable and very hardwearing. I have to admit the last pair of bamboo leggings I owned saw me all the way through marathon training- lasted the entire marathon and only showed signs of wear about a year or two after! I currently have my eye on these bamboo leggings from Asquith London.
5. Yoga Design Lab Combo Mat, following my list of intentions for the year I’ve been attending a yoga class and learning the theory and breathing techniques behing the Ashtanga yoga practice. I love the range of yoga mats available at Yoga Design lab including this Labyrinth design combo mat.
(1) Hits from the gong– Last year I was fortunate enough to attend a Gong Bath by John and June from the Chiron Institute, which was quite frankly -pretty mind blowing. If you’re not familiar with the term ‘gong bath’ put simply- you are bathed in sounds (fully clothed) the frequency of the sound waves create a state of relaxation throughout the brain and body, it can also cause a very emotional reaction in some people. The effect of the gong bath is remarkable, it feels like you’ve had an all-over body massage/ meditated and feel very relaxed for about a week afterwards (or at least that was my personal experience). This year I’ve vowed to visit the Chiron Institute where John and June have the largest collection of gongs in the UK.
(2)The Centre of World Peace and Healing- North of the breathtaking Holy Isle in Scotland lies the centre of World Peace and Healing, I have it on my list of places to visit- i’d love to take part in a retreat or meditation course in such fabulous surroundings. >OM<
(3) Spark Joy by Marie Kondo has caused a tidying up sensation. The KonMari method is being adopted by households across the land to introduce a little spark of joy into life and the home. In my vow to ‘be more tidy’ I’ve been watching many YouTube videos with people reenergising their spaces using the KonMari method and think it’s time I did the same, who knew tidying up was actually good for the soul?
(4) Chakra balancing body mist- I’ve been learning a little about chakras and essential oils this year. Aveda have blended essential to create this body mist to balance the crown chakra. Nice.
(5) Wildheart Organics have blended 12 pure essential oils to create a candle perfect for accompanying meditation. I love having scented candles throughout the house to create different moods in each room. Heavenly.
Peace + love