Right let’s set the scene. It’s mid-January, it’s cold, its dark, i’m in my pyjamas drinking coffee out of a beautiful Peter rabbit cup, trying to muster up the motivation to do something!
A lot of us go through this post Christmas dip at this time of January. There’s definitely a ‘me’ sized rump crater on the couch. All this evidence leads me to the conclusion that I need to GET A HOLD OF MY SELF and may be you would like to join me! Here are five simple ways for us to kick start our year.
1. Indulge: Yes, seriously, treat yourself! Indulge in simplicity, apply a face pack or run a hot bath. Personally I like to do my nails, it makes me feel good, and I do it just for my own pleasure.
2. Energize: Get out of the house go for that run you’ve been putting off since last 2012, head out for a walk, head to the gym, take the stairs, start off small, congratulate yourself everyday, get active and feel more energized.
3. Hydration: Drink more water, stay hydrated its good for your brain and flushes out all those festive toxins.
4. Nourishment: Again start small, make a gradual shift towards a more healthier approach to eating. Grab yourself an apple instead of a chocolate bar opt for a herbal tea instead of coffee. Healthy eating should be a way of life not a post Christmas fad. The Fabulous Times will be bringing you a whole array of healthy eating recipe ideas in the coming months so stay tuned.
5. Reflection: Think back, don’t forget all the amazing things that happened last year whether you had the best of times or challenging situations that you have had to work through, it’s all part of life and it’s so important to remember where you have been so you can know where you are going. Reflect on the positive aspects of those experiences and make a note of what you felt, learnt and how those experiences can propel you forwards into 2013.
‘With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts’ – Eleanor Roosevelt