As another week draws to a close, whether it’s been fabulous or tough it’s time to smile and relax. Here’s a glorious new weekly feature from team Fabulous Times. The Friday High- Five. Five things to inspire the start of your beautiful weekend:
1. Wellbeing: Make lists. If you still have loads of things buzzing around your head, things you need to do, projects to finish, ideas, issues to tackle next week, take some time out to make a list. You may find you can only grab 10minutes this afternoon but take that time and make it count. Making a list now will leave your head clear for fun and undisturbed relaxation and enjoyment this evening. Get your ideas down on paper now while they’re still fresh in your head and tackle them next week. Choose a beautiful notepad and pen so that you’re inspired to create lists of inspiring goals, projects and aspirations.
2. Read: I’ve recently been recommended a beautiful book shop called Persephone Books, London. Persephone Books reprints neglected classics by C20th (mostly women) writers. Each book has a beautiful printed inner sleeve. I’m currently reading High Wages by Dorothy Whipple. The timeless covers and gorgeous inner sleeve makes them the ideal presents, each book costs £12, £14 with postage + gift wrap.
3. Music: As I’m living in France at the moment I’ve been listening to some great French music. I’ve been listening to Francoise Hardy (married to my other French favourites Jacques Dutronc) none stop all week. You can listen to most of Hardy’s back catalogue on Grooveshark free of charge.
4. Food: Keep it simple and healthy. A great breakfast suggestion is cereal, 0% fat yoghurt and a dollop of jam, it tastes even better with Home made Jam! This simple breakfast is low in fat and the cereal gives you the slow release energy you need to get through to lunchtime.
5. Style: Be fearless in your appearance. We are all different which is what makes life so exciting. If there’s something that makes you stand out, exaggerate it. I was happy to read about the Burger Queen Pageant hosted by Scottee (Londons BEST Performance Artist) celebrating ‘Fat Fashion’. I believe that confidence is one of the most stylish qualities a person can possess. Style exudes from within, I love this quote by Japanese author Haruki Murakami ‘the fact that I’m me and no one else is one of my greatest assets.’ Be yourself, you are fabulous.
Have a lovely weekend.
The Fabulous Times