The August New Moon hangs in Leo, beginning on Wednesday 19th of August, for just a few hours, so we will be working with the second day of the New Moon which ends at 05:11 (GMT) on August 20th 2020, also in Leo.
Every Moon is governed by the seasonal month in which it falls. During the Moon’s cycle it moves through the Zodiac, spending roughly 3.5 days transiting each sign. By recognising the astrological position, as well as the Sun’s astrology and seasonal energy of a New Moon, we can adapt our goals and set our intentions, making us even more efficient.
August New Moon Astrology
This August New Moon is a great day for business and pleasure. This Moon loves to be top of the class, confidence and courage can be found if we use our creativity. This New Moon energy can help us to be more dynamic and bold at work. It’s a great day for delivering presentations or public speaking.
Try to see yourself as the intelligent, articulate and vivacious individual that you are. Romantically, allow your partner to be heard and big them up in social settings. This Leo New Moon is ideal for the confidant introvert or awakening quieter souls through the arts, flamboyant clothing or group events. The sun follows the moon into Leo on 21st of August, both the next sun and Moon cycles set a tone of confidence, generosity and drama for the next four weeks.
Meaning And Symbols
A New Moon occurs when the Moon is at its almost total aligned with the Sun and the Earth, so blocking the Sun’s reflective light, making it appear absent or a tiny crescent in our sky. This marks the beginning of the Moon’s cycles. New Moon energy is perfect for setting your intentions and letting go of limiting behaviour. This is a great time to make those nagging lists or start a new project. Setting the tone for the first 16 days leading up to the full Moon.
- Astrology: Leo
- The Colours: Orange, Red
- The Chakras: Heart, Sacral
- The Energy: Flamboyant, Extroverted, Dramatic
- The Stones: Peridot, Tigers Eye, Ruby
- Element: Fire
- Numbers: 1,3,4
- Tarot Card: The Chariot, Temperance, Strength
- Be confident in promoting yourself and your talents.
- It’s a great day for social media, set your intentions in the morning, pick friends or small independent business that you genuinely like and want to promote.
- Big up your friends with a kind message or share their achievements and your own publicly.
- Make a list or create an event for people or causes you want to support during this moon cycle.
- Make that presentation, or try some public speaking. If you have big ideas, today is the day to express them. You’re more likely to be feeling confident and dynamic and you’ll have the backing of your colleagues or friends to champion you.
- Dress to impress. Leo moon loves to feel centre of attention, there is nothing better than clothing to make you feel good and stand out. Go for ethical brands you are happy to talk about and promote. This can be a good talking point and while you’ll be centre of attention you can keep your feet on the group by promoting the good work of others.
- Be generous, not self righteous
- Big up yourself and others. There is nothing wrong with a little “fake it till you make it” attitude this month.
- Try not to be self-centred this moon cycle by involving yourself in causes that you feel passionately about.
- Be grateful, write thank you notes or start a gratitude diary.
- Try to stand out from the crowd though your actions or dress sense.
Meditation & Mantra
“I am grateful to all, for all that I am”
It’s important that we don’t make unnecessary drama for ourselves over this Leo New Moon or preceding weeks. Keep things in perspective by writing a gratitude diary. I like to light a candle to give thanks in my morning rituals. Or actively support others by being generous with your skills, time or knowledge. Don’t allow yourself to become self-centred, you don’t have to understand people, just accept them. Yang yoga, big movement and pushing your personal best when it comes to physical activity will boost your confidence and help you feel chilled and ready for a busy month of stardom!