I’m sure I’m not alone in this, I often find myself flabbergasted by the never ending barrage of beauty adverts on t.v, in magazines, on google ads, on billboards. Everywhere you turn there’s an advert telling you how to grow longer lashes, achieve seeming impossible airbrushed clear skin, reverse the ageing process. With this never ending pressure to look ‘hot’, I thought I’d share a few alternative beauty solutions. The difference between these beauty solutions and those splashed on billboards around the city are that they work and most of them are free! Here are a few natural beauty tips that actually work…
Image by Anna Shvets
Sleep: the greatest way to avoid getting bags under your eyes, to have fresh sparkly eyes, to feel incredible.
Eat well: Everything you eat has a consequence. Eat foods in all colours of the rainbow, avoid beige foods. Have a balanced diet of fruit and vegetables.
Drink water: The quickest way to get clear skin is to be hydrated. Drink water.
Relax: It’s all too easy to get caught up things you ‘have’ to get done everyday. Allow yourself a little time for relaxation everyday. Turn off your phone, laptop, take 10 minutes to just be, have a power nap, soak in the bath, light your favourite candle, go for a walk in the woods. You’ll find disciplining yourself to take this time will calm you down, help you to smile and feel refreshed.
Write down 5 things everyday that you love about yourself: this brief little pat on the back will make you smile and help you appreciate and be grateful for how incredible you are. This gentle daily reminder of your greatness will help you radiate self-love and confidence that is undeniably magnetic. Beauty comes from within.
Christine’s Simple Beauty Solutions:
- For voluminous hair, headbang to Metallica
- For puffy eyes, lay in bed for longer
- For clear skin, drink water
- For beautiful eyes, see the beauty in the World
- For shiny hair, eat fresh fish
- For tight abs, laugh until you cry often
- For kissable lips, speak with love
- For longer lashes, you are not a camel
- For anti-ageing, never stop seeing the beauty in the world
- For a radiant smile, practice makes perfect
- For true natural beauty, love yourself
Stay weird, live fabulous, you are beautiful.